Follow Us! Like Our Page!

12 Indigenous communities sign 174 Million Dollar long-term economic benefit deal – CFWE FM

Feb 22, 2024

Celebrations took place inside Rogers Place as 12 Indigenous and Metis Communities signed a deal that will create a unique long-term economic deal.

12 First Nation and Metis Communities acquired equity ownership in the Oil and gas midstream infrastructure located in Alberta’s Clearwater play. In partnership with Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd, the The partnership, known as the Clearwater Infrastructure Limited Partnership, is comprised of an 85% equity ownership by the 12 participating Indigenous Communities, now joined together as the Wapiscanis Waseskwan Nipiy Holding Limited Partnership (“WWN”), and Tamarack, who will operate the infrastructure and retains the remaining 15%.

This transaction is a historic endeavor for each Indigenous Community involved, as they are jointly participating in an AIOC-backed equity deal for the first time, and are now set up to directly receive long-term, meaningful, and stable revenue streams for their communities.

Read More:


NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More