- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Advisor, Compensation Services
|Do you thrive in a busy, analytic environment? Do you possess excellent problem solving skills and enjoy interpreting data? We are seeking an Advisor, Compensation Services to join our team in Compensation & Health Human Resource Planning.The Advisor, Compensation Services consults in the areas of job evaluation, analysis, salary placement, interpretations, and legislation relating to non-contract compensation. This position acts as the Administrator and key contact for the IH Wide Excluded Performance Management System.
As part of the Human Resource Corporate Services Team, this position will also play a key role in the development of organization wide human resource policies, strategies and procedures.
Some duties of the position:
• Provides advice and support to managers in developing new and/or revising non-contract job descriptions according to established protocols, recommending revisions, and assessing the relevance of qualifications related to the duties performed. Researches previous awards and liaises with HEABC on the assessment of the job description, position description and org chart ensuring consistent industry practices.
• Reviews and analyzes non-contract positions to determine salary placement based on job evaluation, internal equity, applicant qualification and experience. Works closely with managers to establish fair and equitable compensation offers.
• Audits, reviews, analyzes and implements strategies in the areas of inequity, inversion and compression within the existing budgeting framework.
• Administers implementation of the annual non-contract performance management system. Provides consultation, guidance and training to management on establishing objectives, development plans and evaluating staff.
• Communicated and works directly with VP leadership teams on analyzing and comparing portfolio scoring to ensure that all increases are fair, equitable and processed in a timely manner
• May participate on provincial compensation committees, building relationships and liaising with external agencies such as the Health Employers Association of British Columbia (HEABC) and other provincial health authorities.
• Work closely with Finance and other Human Resource teams to establish new and revised positions, communicate compensation changes, and document information.
• Create, analyze and distribute reports associated with non-contract positions, organizational structure, forecasting, non-contract compensation and performance management on a regular reporting cycle.
• Prepares ad hoc reports and assists in the development of new reports to meet the changing needs of the organization.
• Develops and implements process improvements to databases and educational resources relating to Compensation, Work Design, and Classification
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00.
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to hone your skills and join a team where every person matters, apply today!
|• A Diploma in Human Resource Management, Economics or Information Technology.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience preferably working in a large unionized HR office with emphasis on classification and compensation analysis or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, graphing, formulas, creating dashboards and reports.Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to influence, negotiate, advocate, and relate effectively with others
• Customer service orientated with the ability to be innovative and participate with others to reach organizational objectives.
• Ability to multi-task and perform numerous tasks ensuring deadlines and milestones are met.
• Excellent computer skills to compile, analyze, meaningfully interpret and present data.
• Ability to conduct research, analyze, strategize, plan, and problem solve
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
24 total views, 2 views today