AER: Announcement – June 3, 2021 – 2020/21 Annual Report
2020/21 Annual Report
Despite the challenges of a global pandemic and a reorganization, the AER did not slow down in 2020. Some of the highlights include
- maintaining our focus on ensuring that companies are developing energy resources responsibly and that the environment and public remain protected, which included conducting 32 per cent more audits than the previous year;
- issuing more than 2600 reclamation certificates;
- updating 35 regulatory documents and reducing more than 1400 duplicative, redundant, or obsolete requirements without impacting public safety or environmental protection;
- reaching milestones in implementing our integrated decision approach and supporting technology to help reduce application processing times and allow us to focus more of our efforts on high-risk and more complex applications; and
- beginning work on new liability management programs to address the inventory of inactive oil and gas infrastructure.
Read our 2020/21 annual report to learn more about the work that we accomplished last year to ensure energy development remains safe.
276 total views, 2 views today