Associate Project Officer
Associate Project Officer
Date: Oct 9, 2020
Location: To Be Determined, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
39215 – To Be Determined – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Support the Portfolio Management team through the coordination and development of schedules for various team initiatives.
- Assist and provide support to the project manager through the life cycle, assisting with issues of performance, scheduling and control.
- Perform tasks and produce deliverables critical to the success of the project, within defined objectives.
- Support the project team in its needs for internal resources, material resources and management support.
- Assist and support the definement of risk, as it would pertain to identification, quantification, response development and response control through out the course of a project by establishing a project management process for identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documentation.
- Communicate risk response through acceptance, avoidance or mitigation.
- Provide support on project analysis/tracking/financial data for project management activities through all phases of systems project lifecycles, including needs assessment, business case development, approval, implementation and transition to operational status.
- Assist in the development of project strategies, plans, consultation requirements and support development of project management specific strategies pertaining to assets, technology and systems.
- Provide effective recommendations and analysis for project specific for cost savings.
- Assist in studies and planning sessions relative to alternative plans for performing work.
- Discuss such studies with other project personnel and assist in producing recommendations for appropriate alternative work sequences and methods taking into considerations workable project solutions.
- Produce planning and control documentation, using appropriate documentation and analytical tools such as PC based, integrated cost and schedule, project management software.
- Assist in monitoring the progress of the project and maintain the MS Project Plan, update status and metrics, work with project leads of assigned projects, assist with administering internal cross project team communications, training, and logistical support on behalf of the project.
- Supervise and delegate work to assigned staff. Organize, monitor and control the daily work activities to ensure that objectives are achieved in an organized and efficient manner and in compliance with the Collective Agreements, Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a knowledge of business administration and project management to provide information services to customers.
- Requires a knowledge of computer technology to assist in the development of information systems.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with others and prepare technical reports.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires experience with all phases of systems project life cycles.
- Requires experience in information management systems and business processes.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the practices and procedures of the department, the organization structure, operation and service requirements of client groups. Requires experience in a supervisory capacity.
- A period of over 2 years and up to and including 4 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: October 27, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
134 total views, 2 views today