Director, AMI Operations
Director, AMI Operations
Date: Sep 8, 2020
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
38881 – Mississauga – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Support the Vice President, Planning in implementing the business unit’s goals / objectives / strategies by providing effective leadership, direction and supervision to staff in Advanced Metering Infrastructure
Through collateral relationships with respect to the Vice President, Planning, other Planning departments and other Lines of business, (i.e., corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.) provide the following:
- Manage a group of managerial, professional support and trades staff responsible for the overall delivery, support and maintenance of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (including but not limited to analysis of equipment and system performance, troubleshooting and dispatch of repair services, inventory forecasting, warehouse and RMA process management, and operation of the Measurement Canada certified meter shop), in addition to management of inventory, deployment and data gathering associated with other technologies such as Protection & Control and Power Quality equipment
- Develop and implement strategy and asset management plans for advanced metering infrastructure, in accordance with corporate goals and system level planning strategy.
- Develop meter and construction standards
- Support the development of Hydro One Distribution Automation Strategy; lead implementation and sustainment of enhanced Advanced Metering Infrastructure in alignment with DA Strategy.
- Manage relationship with Advanced Metering Infrastructure Network Services vendors and other Hydro One Lines of Business.
- Develop and install quality management programs to monitor and continuously improve the quality of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure Network.
- Scan the industry for best practices in Advanced Metering Infrastructure and evaluate opportunities to leverage best practice to improve performance of Hydro One’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure.
- Enable the deployment and sustainment of major projects / initiatives (e.g. technology rollouts, M&A).
- Set the appropriate context for subordinate managers to develop and recommend strategic, tactical and operational plans, which will maximize the efficiency of the business unit and its output.
- Develop performance targets, programs, strategies, policies and expectations and monitor the continuous improvement of Advanced Metering Infrastructure Network Services staff performance.
- Manage all direct reports, including M&P/MCP, performance reviews and pay recommendations.
- Know and ensure the administration and compliance of corporate/business unit policies and procedures, applicable legislation and collective agreements for all subordinates.
- Set an effective framework of policies and procedures to develop and monitor Advanced Metering Infrastructure Network Services work programs and ensure compliance of safety programs over a multi-year timeframe.
- Plan, organize and assign work to direct report managers as well as ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of adequate work methods, procedures and standards.
- Conduct personal effectiveness reviews of subordinate managers and specialists to build relationships and trust, and to improve effectiveness.
- Ensure the appropriate training and development of all direct reports and department personnel.
- Manage, maintain and enhance internal and external client relationships through appropriate coaching and development of subordinate managers and staff.
- Oversee proposal activity related to a variety of work functions ensuring Hydro One and Business Unit interests and guidelines are maintained.
- Provide leadership, oversight and strategic direction for the Advanced Metering Infrastructure Network Services departments Drive for continuous improvement enhancements of department activities.
- Build service culture within organization, focusing on flexibility, responsiveness, speed, quality and competitiveness.
- Manage the unit and achieve the approved programs and targeted results through maintaining a team of subordinates who are capable of producing the outputs required.
- Set the appropriate context for subordinates (i.e. corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget. and Programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.)
- Set an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the unit.
- Know and ensure own and subordinates’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the unit.
- Establish a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes effecting their work, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Define resourcing requirements and resource strategies required to support Operations work programs and initiatives Develop annual work program with the necessary reporting requirements to implement the approved technical projects.
- Manage work program activities for timeliness, cost control, completeness and quality Manage systems in place to meet due diligence requirements related to work program activities including control and audit functions.
Accountability for the outputs of others:
- Ensure subordinates are able and willing to produce the desired output, and that subordinate managers continually improve the processes for achieving the outputs.
- Assess staff capability to do the required work, now and in the future.
- Conduct personal effectiveness reviews of subordinate managers/specialists to build relationships and trust, and to improve effectiveness.
- Mentor and counsel subordinates-once-removed
- Requires engineering knowledge of electrical and mechanical theory.
- Requires knowledge of business administration to develop and monitor the budget and to provide costing estimates and specifications on a variety of projects.
- Requires a good knowledge of English for effective communication with staff and the preparation of reports.
- Requires experience with all facets of metering, different work methods, safety practices, etc., in order to apply theories into practice and to be familiar with common problems.
- Requires experience to be familiar with techniques, technology, practices and procedures as well as inter-relationships with internal and external groups.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the administrative aspects of the work involving the development of programs, planning, scheduling, and organizing of work and the managerial and supervisory aspects of the job.
- Requires 8-10 years related experience with demonstrated progressive supervisory experience or equivalent
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Achievement Motivation
- Concern for working well or for competing against a standard of excellence.
- Client-Service Orientation
- Desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs.
- Developing Others
- Take action to foster the long-term learning or development of others.
- Impact and Influence
- Able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 22, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
60 total views, 2 views today