Human Resources Manager
Naskapi Nation of Kawawachikamach
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Director General, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing Human Resources (HR) services to all departments within the Nation’s operations. Such services include: recruitment, placement and orientation; employee productivity and satisfaction; and benefits, procedure and policy administration.
The Nation is looking for an experienced team-player, with a positive attitude, who enjoys working with people to help create an HR Department that will meet community and organizational needs, as well as help develop the necessary procedures and policies needed to ensure a sustainable, productive and positive working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
- in collaboration with Council and Managers, oversee the establishment of the HR Department by helping determine best practices and benchmarks while working with all Nation departments to understand their HR needs and perform assessments and provide recommendations to Council;
- liaise and support leadership, departments and employees in HR-related matters by providing or assisting with any necessary training or related administrative or procedural changes;
- in collaboration with Directors and Managers, draft and update job postings and related job descriptions, coordinate job interviews and place employees on the Nation’s pay-scale and assist with employee integration when needed;
- develop tools and programs that help process employee requests and grievances;
- develop performance standards and evaluation techniques alongside leadership and management and perform said evaluations when needed;
- update, develop and enforce Nation personnel policies and procedures;
- other tasks and responsibilities, as requested by the Director General or Chief and Council.
- Possess a degree or diploma in HR, administration, governance or other related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- at least three years of work experience in HR operations;
- have a good understanding of administrative operations
- strong knowledge of HR policies and procedures;
- have strong and demonstrated organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal communities and resources;
- experience working in a First-Nation community;
- excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- have an ability to communicate effectively in writing in English, with Naskapi and French being considered as an asset;
- be able to work effectively with computers (i.e. Word and Excel);
- be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- ability to maintain confidentiality.
To be determined. Commensurate with education and experience.
The position is situated at the Nation Office. The basic workweek is 35 hours per week. In addition, because of the nature of work, travel may be required to attend meetings out of the community and attendance may be required at odd hours to deal with staff related issues and Council meetings.
Accommodations and Travel
Accommodation and travel allowances will be subject to discussion if the successful candidate resides outside of the Kawawachikamach-Schefferville Region.
Deadline for Applications
All applications must be submitted to the Nation Office Secretary ([email protected]) by 12:00 noon on 25 September 2020.
52 total views, 2 views today