- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Aug 13, 2020
The federal government still hasn’t completed canceling the contract it signed with the WE Charity, according to Employment Minister Carla Qualtrough. She said the government is still “in the process” of canning the agreement.
WE says it has paid back some $22 million of the $30 million it received for the student grant contract, according to the Toronto Star, and plans to pay back the full amount — just as soon as Ottawa can actually take it. “Speaking on background, a government official said it is a complicated matter to disentangle all the agreements and other legal obligations,” Tonda MacCharles reports.
WE is set to drive the political news cycle again today. From Kady O’Malley’s iPolitics AM:
“The House finance committee is set to shift the spotlight back to the embattled non-profit itself during a one-hour joint appearance by WE Charity executive director Dalal Al-Waheidi and chief operating officer Scott Baker, as well as former WE staffer Sofia Marquez, who, as per the (committee) notice, worked in the government and stakeholders relations office until last month.”
184 total views, 2 views today