- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Program Director, Infection Prevention And Control (Worksite Location Is Flexible)
|Love where you live, work and play. At Interior Health we strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone has an important impact on the care continuum. We are looking for a leader who wants to make a difference and play an integral role in the contribution to wellness of all the communities and employees of Interior Health.The worksite location of this position is flexible anywhere within the Interior Health Region.
As the Program Director, Infection Prevention and Control you are responsible and accountable for directing Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) operations throughout Interior Health (IH) in accordance with IH IPAC goals and directions. This position will also direct managers of discipline specific working groups to ensure high quality and standardized processes throughout IH related to infection prevention and control practices and surveillance. The Program Director will plan, coordinate, direct, evaluate and monitor IPAC operations and the strategic initiatives involved with infection prevention and control based on the clinical and operational needs across IH. In consultation with and as a member of the IH Quality and Patient Safety leadership team, the incumbent will direct the Area IPAC Managers and consult with other stakeholders in the tactical planning for IH IPAC by developing goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures according to the Strategic Objectives of the IH IPAC service, and in support of IH operational priorities related to emerging pathogens, pandemic response, and other outbreak management. This position will work collaboratively with the Executive Directors in Clinical Operations and other Clinical Services, including Lab, Medical Imaging, and Pharmacy to ensure safe, quality patient care. The Program Director works in a dyad relationship with the Medical Director of IPAC to provide direction, recommendation, advice, and counsel to clinical and medical leaders regarding IPAC operations and service delivery. This position represents IH on provincial and national committees with key external stakeholders including regulatory agencies, IPAC Canada, and post-secondary institutions.
|• Master’s degree in business, health administration, or health-related discipline
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience within senior healthcare administration with at least five (5) years in the management of a multisection or multi-site infection prevention and control service
• Completion of formal education in Infection Prevention and Control (e.g. IPAC Canada approved program)
• Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) preferred.LEADS Capabilities
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self/Cultural Agility – self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
• Engages Others/Empathy – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams, listens with heart rather than reacting
• Achieves Results/Process Orientation – sets direction, strategically aligns decisions with vision, values & evidence, accepting that use of process orientation and a ‘good relationship’ are concrete deliverables.
• Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments, building personal relationships in addition to professional ones, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
• System Transformation/Credible Champion – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
54 total views, 2 views today