The Project Manager will manage Design de Plume’s clients, projects, staff and strategic partners to ensure the big-picture view of how all our projects are managed and how the current workload, collectively and individually, impacts Design de Plume and our budgets, resources, schedules, responsiveness, client satisfaction etc.
Salary: $26/hr (commensurate w/experience)
Type: 1 Year Contract, Full-Time with the possibility of Full-Time Permanent
Location: Sudbury, ON
- Extraordinarily organized and detail oriented.
- Loves spreadsheets and is tech savvy (and a quick learner).
- Strong multi-tasker and self-motivated.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise and passion in people, budget and schedule management.
- Graceful under pressure, yet comfortable in the “bad guy” role (prefers to embrace and resolve conflict and comfortable having tough conversations).
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar “command central” project management role.
- Experience within a creative environment.
- Expert in writing proposals (or comparable business writing skills).
- PMP certification considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred – Not Required)
- Write, manage and negotiate schedules, change orders, status reports.
- Issue weekly status updates.
- Direct management of all client relationships.
- Schedule all client-related meetings/calls.
- Obtain and coordinate any necessary deliverables and approvals from clients.
- Attend any necessary client meetings and assist in client calls.
- Create and distribute internal schedules and monitor/track staff and out-of-house resources to meet schedule.
- Issue contractor agreements to all external partners, contractors and resources.
- Prepare invoices for approval and submission to bookkeeper.
- Assist in determining project fees for new business proposals.
- Assist in updating social media and website with current projects and news.
- Enter all hours (billable and non-billable) accurately in time-keeping system (completed daily by end of day).
- Actively participate in weekly staff and project meetings and creative-led conversations.
- Support Design de Plume’s overall culture, values and mission.
- Contribute to an environment that is clean, efficient, professional, proactive, and team oriented.
- Indigenous cultural knowledge and sensitivity considered an asset.
- French basic spoken and written skills considered an asset.
- Position looking to be filled immediately.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Perks of Working at Design de Plume:
- Flexible Hours
- National Indigenous Peoples Day as a paid holiday and an extra week of holidays In December
- Continuous Professional Learning & Development
- Pet-friendly Environment
- Vacation/Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Days
- Benefits Package (after 1 year)
- Group RRSP (after 1 year)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
About Design de Plume Inc:
Design de Plume Inc. is a national, Indigenously owned communication studio that uses design to address the creative needs of business and organizations throughout North America. Design de Plume Inc. aims to deliver innovative solutions that leverage user-friendly technology and authentic designs, while encouraging education and understanding about effective creative communication. Our clients include private companies, not-for-profit organizations, governments, First Nations, and communities, working on both short and long-term creative projects.
The Design de Plume team has a national reputation as a leader in Indigenous design and innovation.
Design de Plume is a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines on occasion. We have a supportive collaborative team to help each other with the workload. We also support autonomous problem solving and encourage our staff to create and express their own solutions.
We offer a competitive benefits package and pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. We especially encourage applications from Indigenous individuals to apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please send your resume with subject title “Application for Project Manager Position” to Melissa at [email protected], or call us 705-222-5740 ext 12 for further details.
144 total views, 4 views today