Follow Us! Like Our Page!

The Daily Monday, April 8, 2024

Press Release

Retail Commodity Survey, January 2024

Retail sales reached $56.3 billion in January, an increase of 2.5% compared with the same month one year earlier. Higher sales were reported in 11 of the 18 commodity classes.

Continue reading

Biennial Waste Management Survey: Waste Diversion, 2022

Canadian households and businesses diverted almost 10 million tonnes of waste from landfills in 2022, unchanged compared with 2020. Instead of being buried, diverted material finds a second life through recycling or composting.

Continue reading

Environmental protection expenditures by businesses, 2021

Canadian businesses spent $26.6 billion to protect the environment in 2021, an increase of 16.3% from 2020. Businesses allocated three-fifths (60.2%) of these expenditures to resource management activities, while the remaining expenditures (39.8%) were devoted to environmental protection activities. In four years, the share of resource management expenditures increased from 51.0% in 2018 to 60.2% in 2021.

Continue reading

Physical flow account for greenhouse gas emissions, by gas type, 2018 to 2021

Data from the physical flow account for greenhouse gas emissions for industries and households are now available upon request by gas type for reference years 2018 to 2021. Gas types included are carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O), in CO2 equivalents.

Continue reading



NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More