- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer, External Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
# of Positions: 1
N1 Solutions Inc. is full-service business to business leader in Northern Ontario providing integrated business solutions in security, innovation (technology & information technology), environmental, and strategic advisory services. We are proud to have many First Nation partnerships and successful business relations across the north. Our goal is to solve problems for our customers, remain highly responsive and provide the solutions our customers need to focus on their business operations.
N1 Solutions is looking for an independent and motivated individual to join our team. We are looking for a qualified individual to be the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for our First Nation Partner community. This individual will report to N1 Solutions Inc.’s Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct and manage financial activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, payroll, special projects accounting, financial planning, cash management and reporting
• Direct and review all month end activities
• Manages, directs, mentors, and builds capacity of the financial team
• Provides treasury management services including the planning, organizing, and controlling enterprise funds in relation to accounts payable, receivable, collections, and disbursements
• General ledger management including preparation of journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts and ensuring data accuracy
• Lead annual budget process and ongoing budget tracking
• Lead the annual audit process
• Ensuring that operating plan objectives, financial, performance and quality targets are met
• Monitor applicable legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, and operations, and ensure compliance
• Provide expert financial advice on all matters concerning First Nation borrowing, investments, contracts, agreements, etc.
• Lead and manage the process of financial certification under the First Nations Financial Management Board and the First Nations Financing Authority
• Provide related services and support to First Nation-owned enterprises as required
• Create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement, promoting operational efficiencies
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Regular (i.e. minimum monthly) travel to the First Nation offices in Pic Mobert is required
• Perform other related duties as directed
• CPA Designation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, accounting or equivalent
• Member in good standing with Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
• Minimum 5 years of progressive financial management experience
• Demonstrated experience in working with First Nation communities
• Experience using Sage 50, Sage 100 or similar required
• Experience with Adagio Accounting ERP desired
• Supervision experience of multiple team members
• Demonstrated working knowledge of fund accounting principals
• Non-profit and/or public sector accounting preferred
• Ability to collect, track and analyze large amounts of data
• Strong knowledge of accounting software packages, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Valid Drivers License, Access to a reliable vehicle and Drivers Abstract
• Clear Police Record Check (CPIC)
At N1 Solutions Inc. you can expect:
• A focussed and growth-oriented organization
• A dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Competitive wages
• Employee benefits
• Being a part of a team and company that appreciates your efforts
Our company and our employee’s success go hand in hand. Are you ready to join our team?
Apply online or send in your resume to email@example.com by September 1st, 2021 at 4:00pm. Please quote the job title.
N1 Solutions Inc. is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector records check.
374 total views, 4 views today