Government of Canada Announces Appointment to the Public Service Labour Relations Board
June 17, 2014 – Gatineau – Department of Canadian Heritage
The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, today announced the appointment of Catherine Ebbs as chair of the Public Service Labour Relations Board, effective July 2, 2014, for a term of one year or until the establishment of the Public Service Labour Relations and Employment Board.
- Ms. Ebbs was chair and chief executive officer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police External Review Committee (RCMP ERC) for 8 years, starting in 2005. Before this, she served the Committee as senior legal counsel and executive director.
- Ms. Ebbs is also the former chair of the Heads of Federal Administrative Tribunals Forum.
- From 1987 to 2003, Ms. Ebbs was a member with the Parole Board of Canada, serving as the vice-chair of its Appeal Division for 10 of those years.
- Ms. Ebbs holds a Master of Laws from Osgoode Hall Law School, a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Ottawa, and a Bachelor of Arts from Carleton University.
- The Public Service Labour Relations Board is an independent, quasi-judicial statutory tribunal responsible for administering the collective bargaining and grievance adjudication systems in the federal public and parliamentary service. The Board also provides mediation and conflict resolution services to help parties resolve differences without resorting to a formal hearing. As part of its new mandate, the Board has established compensation analysis and research services.
“I am pleased to announce that Ms. Ebbs has accepted to serve as chair of the Public Service Labour Relations Board. Her expertise in labour relations, combined with her experience with administrative tribunals, will make her a great addition to the board.”
– The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
Public Service Labour Relations Board
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.
For more information (media only), please contact:
Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
419 total views, 2 views today