Senior Research Navigator
Senior Research Navigator
The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Senior Research Navigator. Under the guidance of the Director of Research and Data Management. The Senior Research Navigator provides guidance and leadership to a research navigation team, is a member of the Research and Data Management Senior Management team, and works with the overall Research and Data Management team to move the Research and Data Management strategic plan forward.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (With the opportunity to work from the employees home office)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development and implementation of First Nations-led Research Navigator program that increases knowledge in the rights of First Nations and the relevancy and practice of First Nations self-determination and self-governance in research; and strengthens First Nations research in quality, relevance and impact.
- Develop and implement strategies to raise awareness of navigation services and lead efforts to communicate with First Nations communities and the research community to ensure that they have engagement with program services and are educated about the existence of resources, services and the Navigation program.
- Serve as the point of contact for research inquiries and provide project management for assigned portfolio of projects.
- Promote and support connections between interested First Nations communities, its members and researchers and provide consultation on and assistance with relevant protocols
- Orchestrate and facilitate meetings, as requested, with communities, its members, and researchers and other key participants to identify required support.
- Offer and/or provide educational opportunities to a wide variety of audiences on various research topics relevant to First Nations communities and/or the research community, with a focus on educating researchers and First Nations communities regarding expectations and processes for conducting research in alignment with OCAP principles.
- Assist researchers in navigating processes for appropriate access to First Nations data
- Collaborate with sectors within the Chiefs of Ontario Secretariat to identify research and data management needs and develop research and data management policies, processes and procedures that support the sectors in navigating internal research initiatives.
- Identify and make recommendations to improve the processes, procedures and policies of the Research and Data Management
- Ensure activities are conducted in a timely and respectful manner and in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in relevant field
- At least five (5) years working with First Nations communities
- Knowledgeable in methods of knowing and research practices
- Project/Program Management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the First Nations principles of OCAP®
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects while establishing timelines, tracking milestones and dealing with shifting priorities
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative multi-site team
- Ability to motivate and mobilize people and partners
*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
DURATION: October, 2022 to March 31 2024
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
238 total views, 2 views today