Active Energy Group Plc Result of AGM
23 July 2014
(“Active Energy Group” or the “Group” or the “Company” or “AEG”)
Sale of Loan Notes & Issue of Equity
Active Energy Group Plc announces that at the Annual General Meeting of the Company held earlier today, all resolutions were duly passed.
– ends –
Active Energy Group plc
Colin Hill, Non-Executive Chairman
Tel: +44 203 021 1500
WH Ireland (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Chris Fielding / Nick Field
Tel: +44 20 7220 1666
Tim Robertson / Ben Heath
Tel: +44 20 3151 7008
About Active Energy Group:
- Company website: www.active-energy.com
- Active Energy Group Plc, a London Stock Exchange AIM-listed company (AIM: AEG), is an international supplier of wood chip for Biomass for Energy (BFE) power generation and MDF manufacturing, high-energy Biomass fuel granules and granule manufacturing systems, and forestry management services.
- The Group, headquartered in London, operates from five locations:
- Ukraine, where it is the largest producer and exporter of MDF-quality wood chip
- Spain and Montenegro, from where it supplies BFE Biomass wood chip to European power plants
- The United Kingdom, where it operates an R&D facility for its new Biomass fuel granulating systems
- Canada, where it has recently announced a landmark forestry joint venture with three indigenous Metis Settlements
- The Group is led by a highly experienced and dedicated management team with a proven track record of working in the industries and regions from which its revenues are generated.
- In June 2013, AEG acquired its major trading partner and raised approximately £3.5 million to facilitate future growth and expansion of its international production and shipping facilities. • In May 2014, the Group announced the formation of a new subsidiary, AEG Pelleting limited, to commercialise and market a revolutionary new Biomass for Energy (BEE) fuel granulating process that converts sawdust and other industrial and agricultural co-products into valuable fuel granules for use in large-scale power plants and micro-CHP boilers.
- European Biomass for Energy (BEE) Market:
- Biomass-fuelled power is expected to account for over 50% of European renewable energy, according to an EU directive on National Renewable Energy Action Plans.
- EU directives and continued commissioning of new Biomass and CHP power plants in Europe continue to generate additional demand for Biomass fuel, with little visibility on where that fuel will be sourced.
- The European Renewable Energy Council (EREC) estimates that Biomass-based energy production will grow from 43TWh (Terawatt Hours) in 2005 to 250TWh in 2020.
- Key NGO bodies such as the European Biomass Association and Eurelectric (the European Union of the Electricity Industry) advocate establishing harmonised, binding sustainability criteria for solid Biomass fuel.
- Turkish MDF Market:
- Turkey is the leading producer of MDF in Europe, producing an estimated 4.3 million m3 in 2012 in six plants around the country.
- AEG has developed relationships with all of the major Turkish MDF manufacturers.
- Currently, circa 69% of the wood chip imported into Turkey comes from across the Atlantic; all of it for production of wood-based panels, primarily MDF.
- By contrast, wood chip from AEG’s port-side production facilities in Ukraine can be transported across the Black Sea in approximately one-tenth of the shipping time from the U.S., Canada and Latin America, which provides manufacturers with substantial cost savings and cashflow advantages, as well as considerably fresher and higher-quality product.
453 total views, 2 views today