Analyst, Fixed Assets
Analyst, Fixed Assets
Location: Montreal QC H2Y L6, Canada
Posted Date: 2021-05-06
Address: 129 rue St-Jacques O
Consolidates, analyzes, and reports on the financial performance of the business / group to support the month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process, including financial reporting and financial governance. Supports an efficient and effective accounting function that uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, and increases service level performance.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Analyzes financial results to support financial period closing and reporting processes and provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for assigned legal entity, business, or group financial information packages.
- Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and financial statements, including applicable tax payments and reconciliations, in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal (e.g. corporate and SOX) and external audits.
- Reviews supporting documentation, escalating areas of concern and making any necessary amendments.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops knowledge related to business / group accounting requirements and standards.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a focus on execution.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Good.
- Organization skills – Good.
- Collaboration & team skills – Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – Good.
- Bilingual (French and English).
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
315 total views, 2 views today