Halifax (Kjipuktuk) is hosting the 2023 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG 2023) July 15 to 23, 2023, which was postponed in 2020. NAIG 2023 will welcome approximately 5,000 Indigenous participants from across Turtle Island (North America) to participate in the largest multi-sport gathering in Atlantic Canada of Indigenous people since contact. NAIG 2023 has the opportunity to have about 3,000 volunteers in a celebration of Indigenous sport and culture across 17 sports and 7 days of cultural celebrations. NAIG 2023 is organized and executed by the NAIG 2023 Host Society, who is a not-for-proft organization and the employer of this opportunity.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Manager of fnance is responsible for the management of the fnances for the 2023 North American Indigenous Games and will report directly to the CEO.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely accounting and budget monitoring of the Games; including but not limited to, day to day bookkeeping, invoice preparation, processing and payment, Accounts Receivable, bank deposits, cash reconciliation, administration of hold back/change orders and/or discrepancies.
- Meet fnancial deadlines with accurate information for monthly fnancial statements, divisional cost centre statements and budget reviews.
- Update, maintain and enforce fnancial policies and procedures.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive fnancial data management system.
- Create and update chart of accounts as required.
- Maintain historical fnancial data for use as archival material at Games conclusion.
- Support CEO, senior management and staff with development and productions of reports as an aid to manage and organise the department budgets.
- Assist with the tendering process and coordinates the production of purchase orders, contracts; including those being operated by third parties ex. Broadcasting and sport equipment.
- Ensure all policies for authorization and processes for procurement are followed.
- Responsible for year-end audit preparation.
- Supervising and guiding the accounting team.
- Coordinate with the logistics team to organize the shipping and asset management of Games equipment, goods and assets.
- Other duties as reasonably required. Due to the nature of our organization, and especially during the time leading up to, and during the actual Games, all staff will be required to act in capacities beyond their formal job description.
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in fnance or business feld or professional designation considered an asset
- Five (5) or more years in a supervisory fnancial position
- Proven profciency in Quickbooks or comparable accounting management software
Technical/ Job Specifc
- Exercise administrative judgment and assume responsibility for decisions made within the confnes of the operating plans and budget
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work ethic
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and have good decision making skills
- Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
- Flexibility in hours
- Own reliable transportation required, including a valid Class 5 license
- Satisfactory criminal record check and Child Abuse Registery Check must be provided prior to the commencement of the contract.
- Eligible to work in Canada
Analytical Thinking, Decision Making, Networking/Relationship Building, Managing Change, Values & Ethics, Valuing Diversity, Teamwork & Cooperation, and Organization and Planning, Adaptability & Flexibility
Temporary full time contract up to August 2023.
Hours of Work:
35 hours a week and must be willing to work a fexible work schedule.
$65,000 – $90,000 per annum.
Applications will be received up to midnight on February 10, 2022
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify in this recruitment process under any of the employment equity groups. Preference will be given to applications from qualifed Indigenous/Aboriginal persons.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the recruiter when invited to the recruitment process.
To apply or any questions regarding this position can be directed to Laura Seaboyer at [email protected]
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview/testing will be contacted.
290 total views, 2 views today