- Partner News
- Media Releases
- Mainstream News
Halifax (Kjipuktuk) is hosting the 2023 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG 2023) from July 15 to 23, 2023. NAIG 2023 will welcome close to 5,000 Indigenous participants from across Turtle Island (North America) to participate in the largest multi-sport gathering in Atlantic Canada of Indigenous people since contact. NAIG 2023 will be supported by 3,000 volunteers in a celebration of Indigenous sport and culture across 16 sports and 8 days of cultural celebrations. NAIG 2023 is organized and executed by the NAIG 2023 Host Society, who is a not-for-proft organization and the employer of this opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Graphic Designer will design content for a variety of purposes, including web, social media, digital, printed publications, along with other marketing and communications materials. Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the Host Society and will evolve with the changing needs of the organization.
Role and Responsibilities:
● Provide in-house design services including requests from within the Marketing and Communications Division and from Divisions across the Host Society.
● Research and create effective, compelling design and content for a range of internal and external marketing communications for the organization. This will include corporate and consumer-facing design such as; signage, brochures, logos, handbooks, web, presentations, magazine covers, billboards, reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
● Assist in updating content on our WordPress web pages.
● Familiarity with the creation of materials using Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
● Ensure all design, whether being created or edits, adheres to the brand guidelines.
● Ability to meet design and publishing guidelines as outlined in project briefs.
● Meet with the internal team regularly to gain an understanding of what our desired communications looks like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to refect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
● Support the development of robust quality assurance, archiving and approval processes.
● Diploma or undergraduate degree in Graphic Design/Digital Media or equivalent.
● Three (3) or more years of related work experience, or a combined equivalent of education and work experience.
● Expertise in multiple design platforms.
● Eligible to work in Canada
● Anticipated start date: June 27, 2022 or as soon as possible
● Flexibility in hours, as there will be expectation for some evenings and weekends required.
● Embraces diversity and displays respect and loyalty to colleagues, the organizations and partners.
● Own reliable transportation required, including a valid Class 5 license.
● Satisfactory criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry Check must be provided prior to the commencement of the contract.
Temporary full time contract up to August 2023.
Hours of Work:
35 hours a week and must be willing to work a fexible work schedule.
$40,000 – $50,000 per annum.
Applications will be received up to midnight on June 3, 2022
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify in this recruitment process under any of the employment equity groups. Preference will be given to applications from qualifed Indigenous/Aboriginal persons.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the recruiter when invited to the recruitment process.
To apply or any questions regarding this position can be directed to Laura Seaboyer at [email protected]
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for
interview/testing will be contacted.
258 total views, 6 views today