POSITION TITLE: Office Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
SALARY RANGE: $49,000 – $53,000 per year (depending on education and experience)
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON (split of in-person and work from home)
DEADLINE: January 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM (Eastern)
The Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC) was founded in 1995 and provides a national voice for Aboriginal sport, physical activity, and recreation, reflecting the combined interests of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples.
The ASC has an exciting opportunity for a talented Office Coordinator to contribute to the development and maintenance of general administrative functions for the ASC national office. Under the direction and guidance of the Administrative and Information Services Manager, the Office Coordinator will undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical activities and tasks as well as provide direction to other office employees. The Office Coordinator is an integral part of the administrative team and works to ensure that the office (physical and virtual) operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting the Aboriginal Sport Circle team and their activities. The Office Coordinator will work closely with the Administrative and Information Services Manager to ensure that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the Aboriginal Sport Circle team and management.
- Book meetings and appointments while maintaining scheduling conflicts.
- Issue appropriate meeting notifications.
- Prepare meeting agendas and information packages.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, rental vehicles, hotel and food accommodations.
- Receive and answer all incoming general inquires via the main phoneline and general office email.
- Coordinate and order office supplies for all staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to junior employees in the administrative department.
- Generating reports and presenting information to senior management.
- Be a leader in fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity within the organization.
- In conjunction with the Administrative and Information Services Manager:
- Assist in the management of office equipment, i.e. maintenance, repairs, inventory, updates, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of updating organization documents, templates, forms, etc.
- Assist in the planning of meetings and events, i.e. Annual General Meeting, Special Meetings, etc.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of databases, i.e. contact lists, administrative manual, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of a physical and virtual filing system.
- Any other duties as assigned that may be required from time-to-time for smooth operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of computer software such as Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive), Adobe, Zoom, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to positively interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel occasionally within Canada.
- Personable, positive and a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to use initiative where appropriate.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous 3-years experience in an equivalent administrative leadership role.
- Experience in Indigenous sport or community development sector an asset.
- Bilingual in English, French or Indigenous language an asset.
The Aboriginal Sport Circle is a provider and supporter of programs and services to Indigenous organizations, communities, and people. We encourage all to apply but preference will be given to qualified candidates of Indigenous ancestry. Please self-identify when submitting your application.
For a copy of the full position description, please inquire at email@example.com.
Send your cover letter, current resume, and three professional references to:
346 total views, 4 views today