Senior Coordinator: Research & Data Management
The Chiefs of Ontario are welcoming applications for a Senior Coordinator, part of the Research and Data Management Team. This position will assist the Director of Research and Data Management. Responsible for planning and coordination of initiatives. This position is also responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Research and Data Management Department and is accountable to the Director of Research and Data Management.
Location: Toronto/ Remote
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a key member of the Chiefs of Ontario Research and Data Management Sector
- Recording, transcribing and preparing minutes of meetings and workshops
- Utilizing software (MS Word, Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint) proficiently to produce documents
- Edit and finalize communication product creations (letters, policy briefs, newsletters, PowerPoints, reports)
- Provide planning advice and expertise to support decision making of the team.
- Develop presentations and reports as needed such as Chiefs meetings
- Maintain an up to date directory of all related parties/agencies and organizations related to the sector
- Provide support with travel and meeting arrangements for the sector
- Submit travel claims and cheque requisitions to ensure proper recording for finance department submission and review of Excel financial spreadsheets.
- Set up workshops for in person meetings when able to and continue to set virtual/zoom meetings as needed
- Able to communicate clearly and respectfully with Leadership, government officials, First Nations Data Champions Team/ Advisory Committee members and Chiefs of Ontario staff, etc.
- Order supplies and other materials as requested
- Must be organized, able to work as a member of a team, and dedicated to technical accuracy with a strong analytical eye and attention to detail.
- Meet deadlines and successfully multi-task competing priorities.
- Participate in meetings as may be assigned. Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- College certificate in Office Administration or training certificates in different programs such Ms-Word, MS-Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
- Experience in working with financial statements and excel spreads
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, cultures, and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Experience working with First Nation, Universities, research institutes, provincial and federal governments.
- Good written and oral communication skills to participate in engagement, draft meeting summaries, reports and briefing materials, and actively participate in task teams, and working groups
- Proficiency in computer applications skills (word processing, spreadsheet, project scheduling, and internet) to prepare documents as required.
- Interpersonal skills and able to work within a team setting, within organization, and external agencies.
DURATION: October 1st to March 31st, 2022 (potential for renewable based on available funding)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to: Email: email@example.com
294 total views, 2 views today